MAX30100 Pulse Oximeter Heart Rate Sensor Module
The MAX30100 is an integrated pulse oximetry and heart rate monitor sensor solution. It combines two LEDs, a photodetector, optimized optics, and low-noise analog signal processing to detect pulse oximetry and heart-rate signals. The MAX30100 operates from 1.8V and 3.3V power supplies and can be powered down through software with negligible standby current, permitting the power supply to remain connected at all times. Heart Rate click carries Maxim’s MAX30100 integrated pulse oximetry and a heart-rate sensor. It’s an optical sensor that derives its readings from emitting two wavelengths of light from two LEDs – a red and an infrared one – then measuring the absorbance of pulsing blood through a photodetector. This particular LED color combination is optimized for reading the data through the tip of one’s finger. The signal is processed by a low-noise analog signal processing unit and communicated to the target MCU through the mikroBUS I2C interface. Developers of end-user applications should note that the readings can be negatively impacted by excess motion and changes in temperature. Also, too much pressure can constrict capillary blood flow and therefore diminish the reliability of the data. A programmable INT pin is also available.
- Complete Pulse Oximeter and Heart-Rate Sensor Solution Simplifies Design
- Ultra-Low-Power Operation Increases Battery Life for Wearable Devices
- Advanced Functionality Improves Measurement Performance
- VDD to GND Max Voltage: -0.3V to +2.2V
- GND to PGND Max Voltage: -0.3V to +0.3V
- x_DRV, x_LED+ to PGND Max Voltage: -0.3V to +6.0V
- All Other Pins to GND Max Voltage: -0.3V to +6.0V
- Max Continuous Input Current into Any Terminal: 20mA
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.