MCP3208 IC – 12 Bit 8 Channel ADC SPI IC DIP-16 Package
The Microchip Technology Inc. MCP3204/3208 devices are successive approximation 12-bit Analog-to-Digital (A/D) Converters with on-board sample and hold circuitry. The MCP3204 is programmable to provide two pseudo-differential input pairs or four single-ended inputs. The MCP3208 is programmable to provide four pseudo-differential input pairs or eight single-ended inputs. Differential Nonlinearity (DNL) is specified at ±1 LSB, and Integral Nonlinearity (INL) is offered in ±1 LSB (MCP3204/3208-B) and ±2 LSB (MCP3204/3208-C) versions. Communication with the devices is done using a simple serial interface compatible with the SPI protocol. The devices are capable of conversion rates of up to 100ksps. The MCP3204/3208 devices operate over a broad voltage range (2.7V -5.5V). Low current design permits operation with typical standby and active currents of only 500nA and 320µA, respectively. The MCP3204 is offered in 14-pin PDIP, 150mil SOIC, and TSSOP packages, and the MCP3208 is offered in 16-pin PDIP and SOIC packages.
• Sensor Interface
• Process Control
• Data Acquisition
• Battery Operated Systems
- Part No: MCP3208-BI/P
- Manufacturer: Microchip Technology
- Single supply operation: 2.7V – 5.5V
- 100ksps max. sampling rate at VDD = 5V
- 50ksps max. sampling rate at VDD = 2.7V
- 12-bit resolution
- 4 (MCP3204) or 8 (MCP3208) input channels
- Analog inputs programmable as single-ended or pseudo-differential pairs
- On-chip sample and hold
- SPI® serial interface (modes 0,0 and 1,1)
- Low power CMOS technology
– 500 nA typical standby current, 2µA max.
– 400 µA max. active current at 5V
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Package / Case: 16-DIP
- 1 x MCP3208 IC – 12 Bit 8 Channel ADC SPI IC DIP-16 Package
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.