MCP23S17 IC – 16-Bit Input/Output Expander with SPI Interface IC
MCP23S17 IC – 16-Bit Input/Output Expander with SPI Interface IC, The MCP23017/MCP23S17 (MCP23X17) device family provides 16-bit, general-purpose parallel I/O expansion for I2C bus or SPI applications. The two devices differ only in the serial interface.
• MCP23017 – I2C interface
• MCP23S17 – SPI interface
The MCP23X17 consists of multiple 8-bit configuration registers for input, output, and polarity selection. The system master can enable the I/Os as either inputs or outputs by writing the I/O configuration bits (IODIRA/B). The data for each input or output is kept in the corresponding input or output register. The polarity of the Input Port register can be inverted with the Polarity Inversion register. All registers can be read by the system master.
- Max Voltage on VDD with respect to VSS: -0.3V to +5.5V
- Total power dissipation: 700mW
- Storage Temperature Range: -65°C to +160°C
- 16-Bit Remote Bidirectional I/O Port: I/O pins default to input
- High-Speed I2C Interface (MCP23017): 100 kHz, 400 kHz, 1.7 Mhz
- Three Hardware Address Pins to Allow Up to Eight Devices On the Bus Configurable Interrupt Output Pins: – Configurable as active-high, active-low or open-drain
- INTA and INTB Can Be Configured to Operate Independently or Together
- Configurable Interrupt Source: – Interrupt-on-change from configured register defaults or pin changes Polarity Inversion Register to Configure the Polarity of the Input Port Data. External Reset Input, Low Standby Current: 1 mA (max.)