TEC1-12704 Thermoelectric Cooler 4A Peltier Module is the simple application of Peltier Thermoelectric Effect. The module features 127 semiconductor couples in the area of 40mmx40mm which very effectively cools and heats up to 70°C.
Thermoelectric coolers also are known as TEC or Peltier Module create a temperature differential on each side. One side gets hot and the other side gets cool. Therefore, they can be used to either warm something up or cool something down, depending on which side you use. You can also take advantage of a temperature differential to generate electricity.
This Peltier works very well as long as you remove the heat from the hot side. After turning on the device, the hot side will heat quickly, the cold side will cool quickly. If you do not remove the heat from the hot side (with a heat sink or other device), the Peltier will quickly reach stasis and do nothing. We recommend using an old computer CPU heatsink or another block of metal to pull heat from the hot side. We were able to use a computer power supply and CPU heatsink to make the cold side so uncomfortable we could not hold our finger to it.
A thermoelectric cooling (TEC) module is a semiconductor-based electronic component that functions as a small heat pump. By applying the DC power source to a TEC, heat will be transferred from one side of the module to the other. It creates a cold and hot side. They are widely used in industrial areas, for example, computer CPU, CCDs, portable refrigerators, medical instruments, and so on.
Also Known as Thermoelectric cooling modules, Thermoelectric modules, Peltier modules, Thermoelectric cooling module.
Features/Specs of TEC1-12704 Thermoelectric Cooler 4A Peltier Module
● Working Temperature: -55℃ to﹢80℃
● Assembled overwhelm force: 60lb/Sq.In.
● P/N Couples: 127 couples
● Max Current (Imax): 4.0±0.5A (15.4VCD)
● Max Input Voltage (Vmax): 15.4 VDC
● Max. Cooling Power (Qmax): 33.4W（15.4VDC）
● Resistance range:AC-R 2.85-3.15 Ω (Surrounding Temperature 20℃ 1KHZ)
● Max. Cooling Power (Δtmax): ≥ 66℃
● Wire should be soldered on the hot side
● 20AWG UL 1674, PVC insulated, Standard 105℃ tinned copper wire
● Resistance will be changed according to environment, environment temperature increase or decrease 1℃ increase or decrease 0.015
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product