TCS3200/TCS230 Color Sensor Module ,This Arduino compatible TCS3200 color sensor module consist of a TAOS TCS3200 RGB sensor chip and 4 white LEDs. The main part of the module is the TCS3200 chip which is a Color Light-to-Frequency Converter. The white LEDs are used for providing proper lighting for the sensor to detect the object colour correctly. This chip can sense a wide variety of colours and it gives the output in the form of corresponding frequency. This module can be used for making colour sorting robots, test strip reading, colour matching tests etc.
The TCS3200 chip consist of an 8 x 8 array of photodiodes. Each photodiode have either a red, green, or blue filter, or no filter. The filters of each color are distributed evenly throughout the array to eliminate location bias among the colors. Internal circuits includes an oscillator which produces a square-wave output whose frequency is proportional to the intensity of the chosen color.
Features/Specs of TCS3200/TCS230 Color Sensor Module
- Input voltage: (2.7V to 5.5V)
- Interface: Digital TTL
- High-resolution conversion of light intensity to frequency
- Programmable colour and full-scale output frequency
- No need of ADC(Can be directly connected to the digital pins of the microcontroller)
- Power down feature
- Working temperature: -40 deg C to 85 deg C
- Size: 28.4×28.4mm(1.12×1.12 inch)
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product