SIM800A Quad Band GSM GPRS Module with RS232 Interface and SMA Antenna
SIM800A Quad-Band GSM GPRS Module with RS232 Interface and SMA Antenna while enables easy connection with the computer or laptop using the USB to Serial connector or to the microcontroller using the RS232 to TTL converter. Once you connect the SIM800A modem using the USB to RS232 connector, you need to find the correct COM port from the Device Manger of the USB to the Serial Adapter. Then you can open Putty or any other terminal software and open a connection to that COM port at 9600 baud rate, which is the default baud rate of this modem.
- Supply voltage: 9~12VDC
- Rated Current: 1.5A
- SIM800A Quad-Band GSM Module
- Bands: GSM 850MHz, EGSM 900MHz, DCS 1800MHz, PCS 1900MHz
- Coding schemes: CS-1, CS-2, CS-3, CS-4 Tx power: Class 4 (2W), Class 1 (1W)
- GPRS class 2/10.
- Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005, and SIMCOM enhanced AT command set).
- Voltage Supply Required- 9VDC to 12VDC with at least 2A Peak Current Capability
- High-Quality Product (Not hobby grade).
- 5V interface for direct communication with MCU kit.
- TTL Rx and TTL Tx and DB9 Connector Based RS232 Outputs
- Configurable baud rate.
- Built-in SIM Cardholder.
- Built-in Network Status LED.
- Inbuilt Powerful TCP/IP protocol stack for internet data transfer over GPRS.
- Low power.
- Operating temperature: -40 deg C to +85 deg C
- External Finger type antenna
- Weight = 40gm
- Remote Data Monitor and Control.
- Water, gas, and oil flow metering.
- AMR (automatic meter reading).
- Power station monitoring and control.
- Remote POS (point of sale) terminals.
- Traffic signals monitor and control.
- Fleet management.
- Power distribution network supervision.
- Central heating system supervision.
- The weather station data transmission.
- Hydro-logic data acquisition.
- Vending machine.
- Traffic info guidance.
- Parking meter and Taxi Monitor.
- Telecom equipment supervision (Mobile base station, microwave, or optical relay station).
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.