Prototype Expansion Shield for Raspberry Pi
This Raspberry Pi prototyping shield is compatible with models B+, 2B and newest 3B. It stacks on top of your Pi and is easily removable. The board uses dual headers on the underside to connect to the Pi’s GPIO headers. The board itself a large prototyping area, half of which is breadboard-style (with horizontal and vertical rails), and half which is perfboard style (with copper pads) ready to be populated with DIP chips and through-hole components for a more permanent solution than a breadboard. There is also an available slot for 1 SOIC SMD chip.
Around the edges are female headers and 3.5mm screw-terminal blocks for breakout pins, making it easy to temporarily connect wires and LEDs. There is also a 4 block terminal block Because of the Pi 2’s higher profile, some header extensions are included so that the Pi’s USB ports don’t obstruct the shield when placed on top.
- Full board with Immersion Gold process production. All immersion gold hole spacing plates are standard 2.54mm (100ml).
- Compatible DIP package IC soldered directly to the upper end prototyping experiments.
- Expand the IO port can be directly inserted into the bread line row mother, great ease of use, fastest to implement your creations in the extended version of the prototype.
- IO port with the output terminal. When connecting an external module, you can turn ordinary wires screwed on terminals. Suitable raspberry pie and external modules, wiring link.
- This section uses a customized row mother and a pad of silica as a prototype board support.