PIC microcontroller was developed in the year 1993 by microchip technology. The term PIC stands for Peripheral Interface Controller. Initially this was developed for supporting PDP computers to control its peripheral devices, and therefore, named as a peripheral interface device.
● Ambient temperature under bias: -55°C to +125°C
● Storage temperature: -65°C to +150°C
● Voltage on VDD with respect to VSS: 0.3V to+7.5V
● Voltage on MCLR with respect to Vss: 0V to +13.25V
● Total power dissipation: 1W
● Maximum current out of VSS pin: 300mA