PC817 Photocoupler has a transistor that is controlled based on light (photon). So this IC basically has an IR (infrared) LED and a photo-transistor inside it. When the IR LED has powered the light from it falls on the transistor and it conducts.PC817X Series contains an IRED optically coupled to a phototransistor. It is packaged in a 4pin DIP, available in wide-lead spacing option and SMT gullwing lead-form option.Input-output isolation voltage(RMS) is 5.0kV. Collector-emitter voltage is 80V(*) and CTR is 50% to 600% at input current of 5mA.
- 4pin DIP package
- Max Continuous Forward Current: 50mA
- Double transfer mold package (Ideal for Flow Soldering)
- High collector-emitter voltage (VCEO:80V(*))
- Current transfer ratio (CTR: MIN. 50% at IF=5 mA, VCE=5V)
- Several CTR ranks available
- High isolation voltage between input and output
- Storage Temperature Range: -55°C to +125°C
- Ambient Operating Temperature Range: -30°C to +100°C
Datasheet: PC817 Optocoupler
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.