Orange LED – Pack of 10 – SMD 1206
A light-emitting diode (LED) is a semiconductor light source that emits light when current flows through it. Electrons in the semiconductor recombine with electron holes, releasing energy in the form of photons. The color of the light (corresponding to the energy of the photons) is determined by the energy required for electrons to cross the band gap of the semiconductor. White light is obtained by using multiple semiconductors or a layer of light-emitting phosphor on the semiconductor device.
SMD means surface mounted diode. This is a better technology than the first generation DIP LEDs. The SMD type LEDs are mounted on an aluminum substrate and enveloped in an epoxy resin.
- Emitting Color: Orange
- SMD Package: 1206
- RoHS compliant
- Chip LED package
- Colorless clear resin
- Wide viewing angle 130o
- Brightness: 71 to180 mcd at 20 mA
- Qualification according to AEC-Q101
- Precondition: Bases on JEDEC J-STD 020 Level 2
- Automotive reflow profile (IR reflow or wave soldering)
- Max Reverse Voltage (VR): 12V
- Max Forward Current (IF): 30mA
- Peak Forward Current (Duty 1/10 @1KHz, IFP): 60mA
- Max Power Dissipation (Pd): 60mW
- Max Junction Temperature (Tj): 125 deg C
- Max Operating Temperature (Topr): -40 to +100 deg C
- Max Storage Temperature (Tstg): -40 to +110 deg C
- Max Thermal resistance (Rth J-A): 800 K/W
- Max Thermal resistance (Rth J-S): 450 K/W
- ESD (ESD HBM): 2000V
- ESD (ESD MM): 200V
- Automotive backlighting or indicator: Dashboard, switch, audio and video equipments…etc.
- Backlight: LCD, switches, symbol, mobile phone and illuminated advertising
- Display for indoor and outdoor application
- Ideal for coupling into light guides
- Substitution of traditional light
- Optical indicator
- General applications.