NE555 – Timer IC SMD
These devices are precision timing circuits capable of producing accurate time delays or oscillation. In the time-delay or mono-stable mode of operation, the timed interval is controlled by a single external resistor and capacitor network. In the a-stable mode of operation, the frequency and duty cycle can be controlled independently with two external resistors and a single external capacitor.
The threshold and trigger levels normally are two thirds and one-third, respectively, of VCC. These levels can be altered by use of the control-voltage terminal. When the trigger input falls below the trigger level, the flip-flop is set, and the output goes high. If the trigger input is above the trigger level and the threshold input is above the threshold level, the flip flop is reset and the output is low. The reset (RESET) input can override all other inputs and can be used to initiate a new timing cycle. When RESET goes low, the flip-flop is reset, and the output goes low. When the output is low, a low-impedance path is provided between discharge (DISCH) and ground. The output circuit is capable of sinking or sourcing current up to 200 mA. Operation is specified for supplies of 5 V to 15 V. With a 5-V supply, output levels are compatible with TTL inputs.
- Package: SOP-8
- Timing From Microseconds to Hours
- Astable or Monostable Operation
- Adjustable Duty Cycle
- TTL-Compatible Output Can Sink or Source Up to 200 mA
- On Products Compliant to MIL-PRF-38535, All Parameters Are Tested Unless Otherwise Noted. On All Other Products, Production Processing Does Not Necessarily Include Testing of All Parameters.
- Max Supply Voltage (Vcc): 18V
- Max Output Current (Io): +225mA
- Operating and Virtual Junction Temperature (Tj): 150 deg C
- Fingerprint Biometrics
- Iris Biometrics
- RFID Reader