MIC29302A – 3A Fast-Response LDO Regulator – 5pin TO-252
The MIC29302A is a high-current low-cost, low-dropout voltage regulator that uses the Micro proprietary Super Beta PNP process with a PNP pass element. The 3A LDO regulator features 450mV (full load) dropout voltage and very low ground current. Designed for high-current loads, these devices also find applications in lower current, low- dropout critical systems, where their dropout voltage and ground current values are important attributes. Along with a total accuracy of 2% (over temperature, line, and load regulation) the regulator features very fast transient recovery from input voltage surges and output load current changes. The MIC29302A has an adjustable output that can be set by two external resistors to a voltage between 1.24V and 15V. In addition, the device is fully protected against overcurrent fault, reversed input polarity, reversed lead Insertion, and over-temperature operation. A TTL logic enables (EN) pin is available in the MIC29302A lo shut down the regulator. When not used, the device can be set to continuous operation by connecting EN for the input). The MIC29302A is available in the standard and 5-pin.
TO-252 packages with an operating junction temperature range of 40°C to +125°C.
Pin Number Pin Name Pin Function
- 1 EN Enable (Input): Active-high CMOS compatible control input.
- 2 IN INPUT: Unregulated input, +3V to +16V maximum
- 3 GND TAB is also connected internally to the IC’s ground.
- 4 OUT OUTPUT: The regulator output voltage.
- 5 ADJ Feedback Voltage: 1.24V feedback from external resistor divider.
- Processor peripheral and I/O supplies High-efficiency “green” computer systems
- Automotive electronics
- High-efficiency linear power supplies
- Battery-powered equipment
- PC add-in cards
- High-efficiency post-regulator for switching supply
- High-current capability: 3A over the full temperature range
- Adjustable output voltage
- The low-dropout voltage of 450mV at full load
- Low ground current
- Accurate 1% guaranteed tolerance
- Extremely fast transient response
- Zero-current shutdown mode
- Error flag signals output out-of-regulation
- Packages: 5Pin-TO-252
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.