MCP2120-ENCODER/DECODR INFRARED -IC
MCP2120-ENCODER/DECODR INFRARED -IC This device is a low-cost, high-performance, fully-static infrared encoder/decoder. This device sits between a UART and an infrared (IR) optical transceiver. The data received from a standard UART is encoded (modulated), and output as electrical pulses to the IR Transceiver. The IR Transceiver also receives data which it outputs as electrical pulses. The MCP2120 decodes (demodulates) these electrical pulses and then the data is transmitted by the MCP2120 UART. This modulation and demodulation method is performed in accordance with the IrDA standard. Typically a microcontroller interfaces to the IR encoder/decoder.
- Supports with IrDA® Physical Layer Specification (version 1.3)
- UART to IR Encoder/Decoder
- Interfaces with IrDA Compliant Transceivers
- Used with any UART, including standard
- 16550 UART and microcontroller UART
- Transmit/Receive formats supported:- 1.63 µs
- Hardware or Software Baud rate selection
- Up to IrDA standard 115.2 kbaud operation
- Up to 312.5 kbaud operation (at 20 MHz)
- Low power mode
- Pb-free packaging
- Temperature: – 40 C to + 85 C
- Voltage – Supply:- 2.5V ~ 5.5V
There are no reviews yet.