LM380N IC 2.5-Watt Audio Power Amplifier
The LM380 is a power audio amplifier for consumer applications. In order to hold system cost to a minimum, gain is internally fixed at 34 dB. A unique input stage allows ground referenced input signals. The output automatically self-centers to one-half the supply voltage.
The output is short circuit proof with internal thermal limiting. The package outline is standard dual-in-line. The LM380N uses a copper lead frame. The center three pins on either side comprise a heat sink. This makes the device easy to use in standard PC layouts.
- Wide Supply Voltage Range: 10V-22V
- Low Quiescent Power Drain: 0.13W (VS= 18V)
- Voltage Gain Fixed at 50
- High Peak Current Capability: 1.3A
- Input Referenced to GND
- High Input Impedance: 150kΩ
- Low Distortion
- Quiescent Output Voltage is at One-Half of the Supply Voltage
- Standard Dual-In-Line Package
- Simple phonograph amplifiers
- Line drivers
- Teaching machine outputs
- Ultrasonic drivers
- TV sound systems
- AM-FM radio
- Small servo drivers
- Power converters, etc.