LM2596S-DC-DC Step-Down-Adjustable Voltage Regulator
The LM2596 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 3-A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version. Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation, and a fixed-frequency oscillator. The LM2596 series operates at a switching frequency of 150 kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be required with lower frequency switching regulators. Available in a standard 5-pin TO-220 package with several different lead bend options, and a 5-pin TO-263 surface-mount package.
- Simple High-Efficiency Step-Down (Buck) Regulator
- On-Card Switching Regulators
- Positive to Negative Converter
- Input Voltage Range: Up to 40 V
- Output Load Current: 3A
- Requires Only 4 External Components
- Excellent Line and Load Regulation Specifications
- 150-kHz Fixed-Frequency Internal Oscillator
- TTL Shutdown Capability
- Low Power Standby Mode, IQ, Typically 80 μA
- High Efficiency
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.