A LDR 12mm ( photoresistor or light dependent resistor) is a resistor whose resistance decreases with increasing incident light intensity; in other words, it exhibits photo conductivity.
A photo-resistor is made of a high resistance semiconductor. If light falling on the device is of high enough frequency, photons absorbed by the semiconductor give bound electrons enough energy to jump into the conduction band. The resulting free electron (and its hole partner) conduct electricity, thereby lowering resistance.
Features/Specs of LDR 12mm
- Reachable voltage (V-dc): 250
- Reachable power consumption (mW): 200
- Ambient temperature (deg C): -30 to +70
- Peak spectrum (nm): 560
- Bright resistance (10Lux) (Kohm): 10-20
- Dark resistance (Mohm): 2
- Response time (ms): rise: 30 drop: 30
- Illuminance resistance characteristics: 3
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product