Flex Sensor-4.5 inch
This is a simple flex sensor 4.5″ in length. As the sensor is flexed, the resistance across the sensor increases. Made by Spectra Symbol; they claim these sensors were used in the original Nintendo Power Glove.
The resistance of the flex sensor changes when the metal pads are on the outside of the bend (text on inside of bend).
Connector is 0.1″ spaced and breadboard friendly. Check the datasheet for full specifications.
- Angle Displacement Measurement
- Bends and Flexes physically with motion device
- Possible Uses: Robotics, Gaming (Virtual Motion), Medical Devices, Computer Peripherals, Musical Instruments, Physical Therapy, Simple Construction, Low Profile
- Life Cycle: >1 million
- Height: 0.43mm (0.017 inch)
- Temperature Range: -35 deg C to +80 deg C
- Maximum resistance: 30k ohms to 40k ohms, proportional to the degree of flexing or bending
- Nominal resistance: 10k ohms
- Length: 4.5 inch
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product