DS18B20 Water Proof Digital Temperature Sensor Probe
DS18B20 Water Proof Digital Temperature Sensor Probe is a 1 Meter Long Waterproof, sealed, and pre-wired. It is very handy for when you need to measure something far away, or in wet conditions. Because they are digital, you don’t get any signal degradation even over long distances.
These 1-wire digital temperature sensors are fairly precise (±0.5°C over much of the range) and can give up to 12 bits of precision from the onboard digital-to-analog converter. They work great with any microcontroller using a single digital pin, and you can even connect multiple ones to the same pin, each one has a unique 64-bit ID burned in at the factory to differentiate them. Usable with 3.0-5.0V systems.
The only downside is they use the Dallas 1-Wire protocol, which is somewhat complex and requires a bunch of code to parse out the communication. When using with microcontroller put a 4.7k resistor to the sensing pin, which is required as a pullup from the DATA to the VCC line.
- Stainless steel tube 6mm diameter by 30mm long
- Cable is 36″ long / 91cm, 4mm diameter (1 Meter Long)
- Contains DS18B20 temperature sensor
- Three wires – Red connects to 3-5V, Black connects to ground and White is data.
- Usable temperature range: -55 to 125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- 9 to 12-bit selectable resolution
- Uses 1-Wire interface- requires only one digital pin for communication
- Unique 64 bit ID burned into the chip
- Multiple sensors can share one pin
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- Temperature-limit alarm system
- Query time is less than 750ms
- Usable with 3.0V to 5.5V power/data
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.