CS5460A-BS – Single Phase BiDirectional Power/Energy IC – (SMD SSOP-24 Package)
The CS5460A is a highly integrated power measurement solution which combines two ∆Σ Analog-to-digital Converters (ADCs), high-speed power calculation functions, and a serial interface on a single chip. It is designed to accurately measure and calculate: Real (True) Energy, Instantaneous Power, IRMS, and VRMS for single phase 2- or 3-wire power metering applications. The CS5460A interfaces to a low-cost shunt resistor or transformer to measure current, and to a resistive divider or potential transformer to measure voltage. The CS5460A features a bi-directional serial interface for communication with a microcontroller and a pulse output engine for which the average pulse frequency is proportional to the real power. The CS5460A has on-chip functionality to facilitate AC or DC system-level calibration.
The “Auto-boot” feature allows the CS5460A to function ‘stand-alone’ and to initialize itself on system power-up. In Auto-boot Mode, the CS5460A reads the calibration data and start-up instructions from an external EEPROM. In this mode, the CS5460A can operate without a microcontroller, in order to lower the total bill-of-materials cost.
- Energy Data Linearity: ±0.1% of Reading over 1000:1 Dynamic Range.
- On-Chip Functions: (Real) Energy, I ∗ V, IRMS and VRMS, Energy-to-Pulse Conversion
- Smart “Auto-boot” Mode from Serial EEPROM Enables Use without MCU.
- AC or DC System Calibration
- Mechanical Counter/Stepper Motor Driver
- Meets Accuracy Spec for IEC 687/1036, JIS
- Typical Power Consumption <12 mW
- Interface Optimized for Shunt Sensor
- V vs. I Phase Compensation
- Ground-Referenced Signals with Single Supply
- On-chip 2.5 V Reference (MAX 60 ppm/°C drift)
- Simple Three-wire Digital Serial Interface
- Watch Dog Timer
- Power Supply Monitor
- Power Supply Configurations VA+ = +5 V; VA- = 0 V; VD+ = +3.3 V to +5 V
- DC Power Supplies VD+, VA+, VA-: -0.3V to 6V, -0.3V to 6V, +0.3V to 6V
- Max Input Current, Any Pin Except Supplies IIN: ±10mA
- Max Output Current IOUT: ±25mA
- Max Power Dissipation PD: 500mW
- To accurately measure and calculate Real (True) Energy, Instantaneous Power, IRMS, and VRMS for single phase 2- or 3-wire power metering applications