The CD4013 device consists of two identical, independent data-type flip-flops. Each flip-flop has independent data, set, reset, and clock inputs and Q and Q outputs. These devices can be used for shift register applications, and, by connecting Q output to the data input, for counter and toggle applications. The logic level present at the D input is transferred to the Q output during the positive-going transition of the clock pulse. Setting or resetting is independent of the clock and is accomplished by a high level on the set or reset line, respectively.
- Asynchronous Set-Reset Capability
- Static Flip-Flop Operation
- Medium-Speed Operation: 16 MHz (Typical) Clock Toggle Rate at 10-V Supply
- Standardized Symmetrical Output Characteristics
- Maximum Input Current Of 1-µA at 18 V Over Full Package Temperature Range: – 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C
- Noise Margin (Over Full Package Temperature Range): – 1 V at VDD = 5 V – 2 V at VDD = 10 V – 2.5 V at VDD = 15 V