AMS1117 3.3V – Voltage Regulator IC – (SMD SOT-223 Package)
The AMS1117 series of adjustable and fixed voltage regulators are designed to provide up to1A output current and to operate down to 1V input-to-output differential. The dropout voltage of the device is guaranteed a maximum of 1.3V, decreasing at lower load currents.
On-chip trimming adjusts the reference voltage to 1.5%. The current limit is set to minimize the stress under overload conditions on both the regulator and power source circuitry.
The AMS1117 devices are pin-compatible with other three-terminal SCSI regulators and are offered in the low profile surface mount SOT-223 package, in the 8L SOIC package, and in the TO-252 (DPAK) plastic package.
A voltage regulator is a system designed to automatically maintain a constant voltage level. A voltage regulator may use a simple feed-forward design or may include negative feedback. It may use an electromechanical mechanism or electronic components. Depending on the design, it may be used to regulate one or more AC or DC voltages.
- High-Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Post Regulators for Switching Supplies
- 3.3V Linear Regulator
- Battery Chargers
- Active SCSI Terminators
- Power Management for Notebook
- Battery Powered Instrumentation
- Input Voltage: 15V
- Fixed output Voltages:3.3V
- Output Current of 1A
- Operates Down to 1V Dropout
- Line Regulation: 0.2% Max
- Load Regulation: 0.4% Max
- Package: SOT-223
- Operating Junction Temperature (Tj): -40 to 125° C
- Power Dissipation: Internally limited