AM26LV31 – LowVoltage HighSpeed Quadruple Differential Line Driver IC SMD
The AM26LV31C and AM26LV31I are BiCMOS quadruple differential line drivers with 3-state outputs. They are designed to be similar to TIA/EIA-422-B and ITU Recommendation V.11 drivers with reduced supply-voltage range.
The devices are optimized for balanced-bus transmission at switching rates up to 32 MHz. The outputs have very high current capability for driving balanced lines such as twisted-pair transmission lines and provide a high impedance in the power-off condition. The enable function is common to all four drivers and offers the choice of active-high or active-low enable inputs. The AM26LV31C and AM26LV31I are designed using Texas Instruments proprietary LinIMPACT-C60 technology, facilitating ultra-low power consumption without sacrificing speed. These devices offer optimum performance when used with the AM26LV32 quadruple line receivers.
The AM26LV31C is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C. The AM26LV31I is characterized for operation from –45°C to 85°C.
- Switching Rates up to 32 MHz
- Operate From a Single 3.3-V Supply
- Propagation Delay Time: 8 ns Typical
- Pulse Skew Time: 500 ps Typical
- High Output-Drive Current: ±30 mA
- Controlled Rise and Fall Times: 3 ns Typical
- Differential Output Voltage With 100-Ω, Load: 1.5 V Typical
- Ultra-Low Power Dissipation
– dc, 0.3 mW Maximum
– 32 MHz All Channels (No Load), 385 mW Typical
- Accept 5-V Logic Inputs With 3.3-V Supply
- Low-Voltage Pin-to-Pin Compatible Replacement for AM26C31, AM26LS31, MB571
- High Output Impedance in Power-Off Condition
- Driver Output Short-Protection Circuit
- Package Options Include Plastic Small-Outline (D,NS) Packages
- Motor Control: Brushless DC and Brushed DC
- Field Transmitters: Temperature Sensors and Pressure Sensors
- Temperature Sensors or Controllers Using Modbus