AD633 – Analog Multiplier IC SMD
The AD633 is a functionally complete, four-quadrant, analog multiplier. It includes high impedance, differential X and Y inputs and a high impedance summing input (Z). The low impedance output voltage is a nominal 10 V full scale provided by a buried Zener. The AD633 is the first product to offer these features in modestly priced 8-lead plastic DIP and SOIC packages.
The AD633 is laser calibrated to a guaranteed total accuracy of 2% of full scale. Non-linearity for the Y-input is typically less than 0.1% and noise referred to the output is typically less than 100 mV rms in a 10 Hz to 10 kHz bandwidth. A 1 MHz bandwidth, 20 V/ms slew rate, and the ability to drive capacitive loads make the AD633 useful in a wide variety of applications where simplicity and cost are key concerns.
The AD633’s versatility is not compromised by its simplicity. The Z-input provides access to the output buffer amplifier, enabling the user to sum the outputs of two or more multipliers, increase the multiplier gain, convert the output voltage to a current, and configure a variety of applications.
The AD633 is specified to operate over the 0°C to +70°C commercial temperature range (J Grade) or the –40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range (A Grade).
- Four-Quadrant Multiplication
- Low Cost 8-Lead Package
- Complete—No External Components Required
- Laser-Trimmed Accuracy and Stability
- Total Error Within 2% of FS
- Differential High Impedance X and Y Inputs
- High Impedance Unity-Gain Summing Input
- Laser-Trimmed 10 V Scaling Reference
- Max Supply Voltage: +18V
- Max Internal Power Dissipation: 500mW
- Max Input Voltages: +18V
- Max Output Short Circuit Duration: Indefinite
- Max Storage Temperature Range: –65°C to +150°C
- Multiplication, Division, Squaring
- Modulation/Demodulation, Phase Detection
- Voltage-Controlled Amplifiers/Attenuators/Filters